- 1 Do aviation mechanics make good money?
- 2 How much do aviation mechanics make?
- 3 Is aviation mechanic a good career?
- 4 What companies pay Aircraft Mechanics the most?
- 5 Can a mechanic make 100k?
- 6 Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
- 7 What is the highest paid mechanic?
- 8 Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
- 9 Do Aircraft Mechanics fly for free?
- 10 What aviation job pays the most?
- 11 How long does it take to become an aviation mechanic?
- 12 Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
- 13 How much do FedEx mechanics make?
- 14 What job makes the most money?
- 15 Do you need a degree to be an aircraft mechanic?
Do aviation mechanics make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians was close to $67,000 in 2020. Even the lowest 10% in the field were paid nearly $40,000, and the highest paid topped six figures.
How much do aviation mechanics make?
Most importantly, the annual salary for aircraft mechanics ranges from $35,000 to $110,000. Also, hourly rates range from $20 to $50 per hour. As a result, the average annual median salary for aircraft mechanics is $73,050.
Is aviation mechanic a good career?
Because A&P Mechanics are in such high demand and have such an important role in the aviation industry, they actually make really good money. According to salary.com, the average salary of an A&P Mechanic working on jets is $87,000 a year. The Return on Education (ROE) for A&P Mechanics is really high.
What companies pay Aircraft Mechanics the most?
Top companies for Aircraft Mechanics in United States
- American Airlines. 4.0. $41.43. per hour. 4245 reviews5 salaries reported.
- Department of Homeland Security. 3.8. $35.39. per hour.
- Zenetex LLC. 4.1. $35.17. per hour.
- U.S. Department of the Navy. 4.3. $33.61. per hour.
- Affordable Engineering Services. 3.7. $33.21. per hour.
Can a mechanic make 100k?
Sales jobs can bring in six figures depending on commission (the industry average for sales is $43,000 a year, according to the Dealers Association), and technicians or painters can earn between $70,000 and $100,000 a year at a busy location.
Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
As it turns out, aircraft mechanics rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
What is the highest paid mechanic?
The highest paid mechanic specialty is the repair of aircraft. On average, aircraft mechanics earned $64,090 per year in 2019, according to the BLS.
Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
It’s not hard to be an aircraft mechanic if you can pay attention to details, solve problems, and work using your hands! It cannot be overstated that this career is crucial to the industry. Travel as we know it would grind to a halt without the work that aviation mechanics do.
Do Aircraft Mechanics fly for free?
Many aviation employers offer what is known as flight benefits—meaning discounted or sometimes free flights to various locations all over the United States and even the world!
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
How long does it take to become an aviation mechanic?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day.
Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
How much do FedEx mechanics make?
Average FedEx Diesel Mechanic yearly pay in the United States is approximately $63,710, which is 20% above the national average. Salary information comes from 31 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
What job makes the most money?
- Anesthesiologist. #1 in Best Paying Jobs.
- Surgeon. #2 in Best Paying Jobs.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. #3 in Best Paying Jobs.
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist. #4 in Best Paying Jobs.
- Orthodontist. #5 in Best Paying Jobs.
- Prosthodontist. #6 in Best Paying Jobs.
- Psychiatrist. #7 in Best Paying Jobs.
Do you need a degree to be an aircraft mechanic?
A college degree isn’t required for this occupation, although most aircraft mechanics obtain at least 18 months of training from an FAA-approved aviation maintenance technician school. Associate and bachelor’s degree programs are available in disciplines related to aviation technology and management.