- 1 How much does an aviation maintenance tech make?
- 2 How long does it take to become a aviation maintenance technician?
- 3 What does an aviation maintenance technician do?
- 4 Do aviation mechanics make good money?
- 5 What aviation job pays the most?
- 6 How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
- 7 Is aviation maintenance a good career?
- 8 Are aviation mechanics in demand?
- 9 How hard is it to be an aviation mechanic?
- 10 Do Aircraft Mechanics fly free?
- 11 What does an aircraft mechanic do on a daily basis?
- 12 Do you need a degree to be an aircraft mechanic?
- 13 Can a mechanic make 100k?
- 14 Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
- 15 What are the highest paying mechanic jobs?
How much does an aviation maintenance tech make?
As of May 24, 2021, the average annual pay for an Aviation Maintenance Technician in California is $50,839 an year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $24.44 an hour. This is the equivalent of $978/week or $4,237/month.
How long does it take to become a aviation maintenance technician?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day. Each course requires 450 hours of class time.
What does an aviation maintenance technician do?
An Aviation Maintenance Technician is a technician who is held responsible for the safety of the crew and passengers as well as the success of each flight. Duties typically include: Replacing and repairing of aircraft parts. Diagnosis and repair of mechanical and electrical problems.
Do aviation mechanics make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians was close to $67,000 in 2020. Even the lowest 10% in the field were paid nearly $40,000, and the highest paid topped six figures.
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
In 2018, the Bureau of Labor reported a median annual wage for aircraft mechanics of $64,140. This jumped to $73,050 in 2019.
Is aviation maintenance a good career?
Most aircraft mechanics can make a lot of money compared to some careers, but only if the right steps are taken. Many people get into aviation thinking they will make a lot of money, but there’s much more to working as an aircraft mechanic than all of the money that can be made.
Are aviation mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
How hard is it to be an aviation mechanic?
Airline mechanic school is not that hard. If you are a bad student, have trouble learning, you will have the same trouble as you have always had in school. None of the classroom work or tests were seriously difficult. It is not a subject that requires a lot of advanced math or deep scientific understanding.
Do Aircraft Mechanics fly free?
FLIGHT BENEFITS. You, your parents, and wife get to fly for free, and if you fly international you pay taxes.
What does an aircraft mechanic do on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, Aircraft Mechanics inventory and requisition or order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment. They read and interpret pilots’ descriptions of problems to diagnose causes.
Do you need a degree to be an aircraft mechanic?
A college degree isn’t required for this occupation, although most aircraft mechanics obtain at least 18 months of training from an FAA-approved aviation maintenance technician school. Associate and bachelor’s degree programs are available in disciplines related to aviation technology and management.
Can a mechanic make 100k?
Sales jobs can bring in six figures depending on commission (the industry average for sales is $43,000 a year, according to the Dealers Association), and technicians or painters can earn between $70,000 and $100,000 a year at a busy location.
Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
As it turns out, aircraft mechanics rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
What are the highest paying mechanic jobs?
The Top 10 Highest Paying Careers for Mechanics
- #1 Aircraft Mechanic. Job Description.
- #2 Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Job Description.
- #3 Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Job Description.
- #4 Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. Job Description.
- #5 Diesel Mechanic. Job Description.
- #6 Electrical Mechanic.
- #7 Radio Mechanic.
- #8 Automotive Mechanic.