- 1 What are the 6 warfighting functions?
- 2 What is the protection warfighting function?
- 3 What is movement and maneuver warfighting function?
- 4 What is the intelligence process army?
- 5 What are the 9 principles of war?
- 6 What are the 3 levels of war?
- 7 What are the 5 warfighting functions?
- 8 What are the four steps of the operations process?
- 9 What are the three basic defensive tasks?
- 10 What are the four types of offensive operations?
- 11 What are the 4 basic elements of combat power?
- 12 What are the four elements of decisive action?
- 13 What are the 4 phases of intelligence cycle?
- 14 What is the most dangerous branch of the military?
- 15 What are the types of military intelligence?
What are the 6 warfighting functions?
The eight elements of combat power include the six warfighting functions — movement and maneuver, intelligence, fires, sustainment, mission command, and protection—multiplied by leadership and complemented by information.
What is the protection warfighting function?
The protection warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that preserve the force so the commander can apply maximum combat power to accomplish the mission (ADP 3-0). The protection warfighting function enables the commander to maintain the force’s integrity and combat power.
What is movement and maneuver warfighting function?
The movement and maneuver warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that move and employ forces to achieve a position of relative advantage over the enemy and other threats. It works through movement and with fires to achieve a position of advantage relative to the enemy to accomplish the mission.
What is the intelligence process army?
The Army intelligence process consists of four steps (plan and direct, collect, produce, and disseminate) and two continuing activities (analyze and assess). The collect, produce, and disseminate steps of the intelligence process together correspond to the execute activity of the operations process.
What are the 9 principles of war?
There are nine Principles of War. They are objective, offensive, mass, economy of force, maneuver, unity of command, security, surprise, and simplicity.
What are the 3 levels of war?
Modern military theory divides war into strategic, operational, and tactical levels.
What are the 5 warfighting functions?
THE WARFIGHTING FUNCTIONS Combat power has eight elements: leadership, information, mission command, movement and maneuver, intelligence, fires, sustainment, and protection. The Army collectively describes the last six elements as warfighting functions.
What are the four steps of the operations process?
The operations process consists of the major mission command activities: planning, preparing, executing, and assessing.
What are the three basic defensive tasks?
There are three basic defensive tasks —area defense, mobile defense, and retrograde. These apply to both the tactical and operational levels of war, although the mobile defense is more often associated with the operational level.
What are the four types of offensive operations?
The four types of offensive operations are movement to contact, attack, exploitation, and pursuit.
What are the 4 basic elements of combat power?
Army operations recognizes the dynamics of combat power and its elements: maneuver, firepower, protection, and leadership. The skillful combination of these four elements at the right time and place will defeat the enemy.
What are the four elements of decisive action?
The tenets of unified land operations describe the Army’s approach to generating and applying combat power across the range of military operations through the four tasks of decisive action. The four tenets of unified land operations are simultaneity, depth, synchronization, and flexibility.
What are the 4 phases of intelligence cycle?
The stages of the intelligence cycle include the issuance of requirements by decision makers, collection, processing, analysis, and publication of intelligence. The circuit is completed when decision makers provide feedback and revised requirements.
What is the most dangerous branch of the military?
Here are 10 of the most dangerous:
- Combat Engineers. Photo: US Marine Corps Cpl.
- Artillery. Photo: US Army.
- Medical. Photo: US Army Sgt.
- Vehicle transportation. Photo: US Army.
- Aviation. Photo: US Army Chief Warrant Officer 4 Daniel McClinton.
- Artillery observers. Photo: US Air Force Staff Sgt.
What are the types of military intelligence?
These disciplines include human intelligence HUMINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), imagery intelligence (IMINT), measurement and signatures intelligence (MASINT), and open source intelligence (OSINT). Each of these disciplines is used by adversaries against the United States to some degree.