- 1 Do aviation mechanics make good money?
- 2 How much do A&P mechanics make a year?
- 3 What companies pay Aircraft Mechanics the most?
- 4 Is aviation mechanic a good career?
- 5 Can a mechanic make 100k?
- 6 Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
- 7 Is A&P exam hard?
- 8 Is it worth getting an A&P license?
- 9 Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
- 10 Do Aircraft Mechanics fly for free?
- 11 How much do FedEx mechanics make?
- 12 How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
- 13 What aviation job pays the most?
- 14 Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
- 15 How long does it take to become an aviation mechanic?
Do aviation mechanics make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians was close to $67,000 in 2020. Even the lowest 10% in the field were paid nearly $40,000, and the highest paid topped six figures.
How much do A&P mechanics make a year?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for A&P aircraft mechanics and service technicians was $62,920 or $30.32 per hour as of May 2018. However, compensation varies depending on factors such as location, demand, required experience, specific skills, education, and other factors.
What companies pay Aircraft Mechanics the most?
Top companies for Aircraft Mechanics in United States
- American Airlines. 4.0. $41.43. per hour. 4245 reviews5 salaries reported.
- Department of Homeland Security. 3.8. $35.39. per hour.
- Zenetex LLC. 4.1. $35.17. per hour.
- U.S. Department of the Navy. 4.3. $33.61. per hour.
- Affordable Engineering Services. 3.7. $33.21. per hour.
Is aviation mechanic a good career?
Because A&P Mechanics are in such high demand and have such an important role in the aviation industry, they actually make really good money. Once you’re well established in your industry and get the job of your dreams, you’ll be making really good money and will have a lot of benefits.
Can a mechanic make 100k?
Sales jobs can bring in six figures depending on commission (the industry average for sales is $43,000 a year, according to the Dealers Association), and technicians or painters can earn between $70,000 and $100,000 a year at a busy location.
Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
As it turns out, aircraft mechanics rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
Is A&P exam hard?
It is not that difficult, but difficulty is relative. It takes 1900 hours in classroom and shop, then you have to pass 3 written tests. After that you take oral test, then practice test to demonstrate actual skills. If you had a lot of trouble passing high school (grades 9–12) then the trade school will be hard.
Is it worth getting an A&P license?
It’s certainly worth it. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s very rewarding if you enjoy working with your hands. An A&P license can also take you a lot of places aside from aviation. Working GA is a good way to meet a lot of people in your area.
Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
Do Aircraft Mechanics fly for free?
Many aviation employers offer what is known as flight benefits—meaning discounted or sometimes free flights to various locations all over the United States and even the world! Note that flight benefits are entirely dependent on the employer and are not guaranteed.
How much do FedEx mechanics make?
Average FedEx Diesel Mechanic yearly pay in the United States is approximately $63,710, which is 20% above the national average. Salary information comes from 31 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
In 2018, the Bureau of Labor reported a median annual wage for aircraft mechanics of $64,140. This jumped to $73,050 in 2019.
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
It’s not hard to be an aircraft mechanic if you can pay attention to details, solve problems, and work using your hands! It cannot be overstated that this career is crucial to the industry. Travel as we know it would grind to a halt without the work that aviation mechanics do.
How long does it take to become an aviation mechanic?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day.