- 1 What is an A&P Licence?
- 2 How do I become an aviation maintenance technician?
- 3 How do I get my FAA A&P license?
- 4 How long does it take to become a aviation maintenance technician?
- 5 How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
- 6 What jobs can you get with an A&P license?
- 7 Is aviation maintenance a good career?
- 8 Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
- 9 How much money does an aviation maintenance technician make?
- 10 What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
- 11 What education do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
- 12 How long is an A&P license good for?
- 13 Do aircraft mechanics make good money?
- 14 How hard is it to be an aviation mechanic?
- 15 What does an aviation maintenance technician do?
What is an A&P Licence?
A&P licenses are the two Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certificates required to become an aviation maintenance technician. The aviation mechanic certification has two components, Airframe and Powerplant. The license is generally known as an “ A&P ” license because most candidates choose to complete both.
How do I become an aviation maintenance technician?
Requirements to Become a Certified A&P Mechanic
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Attend an FAA-approved AMT school OR have 30 months of experience with airframe and Power Plant maintenance.
- Pass a written, oral, and practical exam.
How do I get my FAA A&P license?
What requirements must I meet to get a mechanic’s certificate?
- You must be; * at least 18 years old.
- You must have 18 months of practical experience with either power plants or airframes, or 30 months of practical experience working on both at the same time.
- You must pass three types of tests.
How long does it take to become a aviation maintenance technician?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day. Each course requires 450 hours of class time.
How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
In 2018, the Bureau of Labor reported a median annual wage for aircraft mechanics of $64,140. This jumped to $73,050 in 2019.
What jobs can you get with an A&P license?
Airframe & Powerplant ( A&P ) License Average by Job
- Aircraft and Powerplant ( A&P ) Mechanic.
- Maintenance Director.
- Aircraft Mechanic / Service Technician.
- Aircraft Maintenance Manager.
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician.
- Program Manager, Aviation / Aerospace.
- Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
Is aviation maintenance a good career?
Most aircraft mechanics can make a lot of money compared to some careers, but only if the right steps are taken. Many people get into aviation thinking they will make a lot of money, but there’s much more to working as an aircraft mechanic than all of the money that can be made.
Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
How much money does an aviation maintenance technician make?
How much does a Aviation Maintenance Technician make? The national average salary for a Aviation Maintenance Technician is $56,652 in United States.
What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
|Wages *||Low (5th percentile)||Average|
What education do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
To work as an aircraft mechanic, you typically need to: have a high school diploma or equivalent; complete formal FAA-certified training; have work experience; and.
How long is an A&P license good for?
 Another perk: working on airplanes. Name something cooler! We’ll wait. Your A&P license will never expire, and is required to work on, maintain, and repair aircraft!
Do aircraft mechanics make good money?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that aircraft mechanics earned an average annual income of $67,110 in May 2019. Workers in the occupation made $32.27 an hour on average. The highest paid airline mechanics made more than $101,070 and the bottom earners made less than $37,890.
How hard is it to be an aviation mechanic?
Airline mechanic school is not that hard. If you are a bad student, have trouble learning, you will have the same trouble as you have always had in school. None of the classroom work or tests were seriously difficult. It is not a subject that requires a lot of advanced math or deep scientific understanding.
What does an aviation maintenance technician do?
An Aviation Maintenance Technician is a technician who is held responsible for the safety of the crew and passengers as well as the success of each flight. Duties typically include: Replacing and repairing of aircraft parts. Diagnosis and repair of mechanical and electrical problems.