- 1 What does Aviation mean in French?
- 2 How do you say air in French?
- 3 What is UM in French?
- 4 How do you write call in French?
- 5 What are the 1000 most common words in French?
- 6 Why do the French say uhh?
- 7 How do you say hmmm in French?
- 8 Why do French people say Ben?
- 9 How do you end a phone call in French?
- 10 What is the number five in French?
- 11 Can you call me if you are free?
What does Aviation mean in French?
More French words for aviation. la aviation noun. air force, flying, flight, fly. aéronautique.
How do you say air in French?
French translation of ‘ air ‘
- (= atmosphere) air m. He threw the ball into the air. Il jeta le ballon en l’ air.
- ( Radio, Television) to be on air, to be on the air [programme] être diffusé(e); [station] émettre; [person] être à l’antenne.
- (= attitude) [of person] air m. with an air of superiority avec un air de supériorité
- (= tune) air m.
What is UM in French?
Euh. Euh is the French equivalent of the English word “uh” or “ um,” and the good news is that it’s used pretty much the same way. Like in English, euh is generally used as a pause or a moment to think.
How do you write call in French?
French translation of ‘ call ‘
- 1. (= name) appeler. Everyone calls him Jimmy. Tout le monde l’appelle Jimmy.
- 3. (= summon) appeler. We called the police. Nous avons appelé la police.
- 4. (= phone) [person, number] appeler. This is the number to call. C’est le numéro à appeler.
- 5. (= announce) [flight] annoncer.
- 7. [ strike] lancer.
What are the 1000 most common words in French?
This is a list of the 1,000 most commonly spoken French words. 1000 Most Common French Words.
Why do the French say uhh?
Yes, it’s similar to “um”, acting as a filler and pause before continuing with your speech. Many words in French end in a barely pronounced or unpronounced -e (or -es, or -ent). The “euh” sound mimics a stretched version of that -e, as if we were making it last until we’re ready to say something else.
How do you say hmmm in French?
- Hmmm, hum.
- Eh bien (sometimes spelled et bien) and relatives: eh ben, ben, bah, and especially in the south eh beh (pronounced é bé),
- Tu vois (may be phonetically contracted in tvois)
- Tu sais (may be phonetically contracted in tsé)
- Quoi as a postfix.
Why do French people say Ben?
It’s a relaxed pronunciation of the word “bien”. It’s used as an interjection and more-or-less means “well” or “so”. It just means “well” or “er”. It originally comes from Bien but it’s sort of just shortened.
How do you end a phone call in French?
Ending a Phone Conversation Salut (Bye.) In French, salut can also work as the casual greeting of “hi” or “hey” instead of bonjour (hello, good morning). Allez, ciao/bises. (Alrighty, ciao/kisses.)
What is the number five in French?
French Numbers: 0-19
Can you call me if you are free?
“ Call me whenever you are free ” is a nice, casual statement that pretty much invites the other person to call whenever they feel like it. It’s open and welcoming, but not demanding. “ Call me when you can ” is a bit more urgent sounding, and in effect requests that the other person call as soon as he/she is able to.